Deanna Robin has been named a Pediatric Nurse Navigator at Edward-Elmhurst Health. In this role, she’ll work with pediatric patients at Edward Hospital and Elmhurst Hospital. A Pediatric Nurse Navigator helps patients, parents and physicians obtain access to pediatric services at Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals. The navigator is a resource for coordinating all aspects of pediatric patient care, and also acts as a liaison between the care team and the family. Robin has been a registered nurse for 25 years. During 20 of those years, she’s cared for pediatric patients. Robin began her career at Children’s Memorial Hospital, moved to a major pediatric outpatient center in the western suburbs and, for the last 10 years, has cared for children in Edward Hospital’s Pediatric Department.
DuPage Medical Group welcomes the following new physicians:
• Dr. Viveka Boddipalli is a pulmonologist, board-certified in internal medicine and pulmonary medicine, and board-eligible in critical care. He earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and then completed his residency in internal medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Dr. Boddipalli’s medical interests include COPD, asthma, interstitial lung disease, lung nodules, lung cancer, sleep medicine, advanced diagnostic bronchoscopy, pulmonary vascular disease and Pleural diseases.
• Dr. Noorah Koita is an internist who earned her medical degree from Des Moines University-College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency in internal medicine at St. Vincent Health. Her medical interests include hypertension, COPD, weight management and preventive medicine.
• Dr. Stephanie Gan is a board-certified dermatologist who earned her medical degree, and then completed her residency in dermatology at Boston University School of Medicine. She later completed her fellowship in laser and cosmetic surgery at the University of Michigan. Dr. Gan’s medical interests include general dermatology, dermatologic surgery and laser and cosmetic procedures.
• Dr. Shraddha Desai is a board-certified dermatologist who earned her medical degree from Rush University and completed her residency in dermatology at Loyola University Medical Center. Her medical interests include dermatologic surgery, Mohs surgery, laser surgery, cosmetic procedures and all general skin-related conditions.
• Dr. Leah Asman is a hospitalist who earned her medical degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency at Wayne State University. Dr. Asman has medical interests in nutrition, preventive medicine and quality metrics.
Dr. Linda Anderson, has joined Edward Medical Group’s (EMG’s) OB/GYN offices in Naperville, Oswego and Plainfield. Dr. Anderson is a board certified obstetrician and gynecologist. She earned her medical degree from the University of Missouri at Kansas City School of Medicine, and completed her obstetrics and gynecology residency at Truman Medical Center in Kansas City, Missouri. Dr. Anderson, a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (FACOG), has received extensive training in high-risk pregnancies and the treatment of a wide array of gynecologic issues. She performs minimally invasive laparoscopic gynecologic surgeries and is well-versed in reproductive medicine.
The Naperville Chamber of Commerce has named Mark Galati of Interior Investments the 2015 Outstanding Chamber Member. For the first time, the Chamber decided to honor one of its members for their dedication and devotion to the organization. In selecting the individual, the Chamber considered the following criteria: years of membership, participation in Chamber committees or programs, number of advisory positions held, volunteer initiatives and outstanding contributions. Galati’s employer, Interior Investments, joined the Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce in 2006. Shortly after joining, Galati became a member of the Ambassador Committee, joined the advisory group and became the Chair of Ambassadors. Not long after, he joined TEAM 3, where he also became Chair. He was elected to the Board of Directors where he served on Member Services Team and sat on the Executive Committee. After rotating off the Board, Galati returned to the Ambassadors Advisory Committee where he also serves as a mentor to new Chamber members.
Two Edward Hospital nurses were recently recognized by the Illinois Nurses Foundation and Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition as winners of the inaugural “40 Under 40 Emerging Nurse Leader Awards.” Amy Rowe, a Cardiac Neuro Intensive Care Unit nurse for 12 years and Clinical Educator the past three years, was recognized for improving Edward’s Epic documentation system and for representing the state of Illinois in a national collaborative to reduce Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections. Christine Yaeger, a Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit nurse for seven years and Clinical Educator for three years, was recognized for her expertise in designing courses, assigning learners, assisting staff and educators, and running reports in HealthStream, Edward’s electronic learning system. Winners were chosen based on achievement in the nursing profession, leadership, and community and association involvement.
Paul McCool, CEO of Revere Electric Supply Co. in Aurora, has been inducted into the Electric Association’s Hall of Fame. McCool is the first non-family member to hold a senior executive position at the fourth-generation family-owned distributorship. He succeeds Tom Eiseman, who now serves as Reserve Electric’s chairman of the board. During McCool’s tenure as CEO, the company integrated four acquisitions that expanded the company’s geography and the markets it served. Before joining Revere, McCool was vice president and general manager of hazardous products at EGS Electrical Group (originally known as Appleton Electric), which is a division of Emerson Electric.
Edward Hospital and Elmhurst Hospital, each earned an “A” in the Leapfrog Group’s Fall 2015 Hospital Safety Scores, which rate how well hospitals protect patients from accidents, errors, injuries and infections. Elmhurst Hospital was also recognized as one of only 133 hospitals in the U.S. to earn the “Straight A” designation for receiving an A grade in every update of the twice-annual Hospital Safety Scores, which launched in 2012. The Hospital Safety Score uses 28 measures of publicly available hospital safety data to produce a single score representing a hospital’s overall capacity to keep patients safe from preventable harm. The Hospital Safety Score is compiled under the guidance of the nation’s leading experts on patient safety and is administered by The Leapfrog Group, an independent industry watchdog.
Naperville-based design and search engine optimization firm Design & Promote opened its second location in downtown Chicago in the CNA building, 333 S. Wabash Ave. The modern, contemporary space overlooks Michigan Avenue from the 27th floor. Design & Promote provides Internet marketing services including website design, search engine optimization and social media marketing to help clients create a successful online presence. The new Design & Promote space is part of the Signature Office Centers complex that spans the 27th floor of the building.
The Energy Bar, a holistic health center, opened its first location at 640 S. Washington St., Suite 180 in Naperville in October. The Energy Bar uses the latest, cutting edge, non-invasive wellness treatment modalities to help clients feel better, increase energy and prevent disease. The Energy Bar helps clients achieve their health goals with individualized wellness plans. From de-stressing to detoxifying, anti-aging and weight loss to enhanced athletic performance and increased energy, The Energy Bar offers practical solutions. Every new client starts with a thorough consultation with a wellness consultant who creates a comprehensive therapy plan tailored to the individual.